Tuesday 17 July 2012

A House is taken away from us and alas thy search continues

Students are treated like garbage, particularly nice ones :(

Okay, remember when I said I had a house. Well guess by the cruel irony of fate the landlord sent us an email to tell us that they were backing out of the contract for "personal circumstances" resulting in Kaerith and I not having a house....AGAIN. Seriously wtf. I apologize in advance for the amount of whining I'm going to do but when making a blog its supposed to be a way to channel frustration and vent anger in a therapeutic manner without harming anyone in the process physically. I counted on my fingers the other day how long I have been attempting to try finding a house and its ridiculous its been seven months since January when the first listings came out. It first started off with four of us, then one of us dropped out due to circumstances involving already finding another group and house. We then searched for a house as a trio but by April, end of Easter Holidays Madnut dropped out alas due to also personal reasons leaving us as a duo. You can see the orchestra has already begun to fall to pieces.

And finally we thought, HOPE AT LAST. Somebody who is kind and will let us stay with them. We talked to the kind landlord for over 2 hours about our house hunting problems from the beginning to end. We said yes, we wanted the place, the landlord liked us we signed the contract BAM done. End of April, just before the start of exams. We thought done sorted. May began and finished. June began and finished. And now its July, we're not in the land of Essexia anymore but what happens. 

An email of an apology for the inconvenience it has caused. Quite an inconvenience, we don't have a house and we're over 80 miles away from Uni to search for another house and term begins in roughly what 3 months with all houses gone or now too expensive (its a good thing I didn't go on holiday abroad). Today I met up with Kaerith to type up some emails asking for help. But I am warning now. If it turns out that the Uni reply with this:
 "Poor you. Alas our campus accommodations are not for second years even after every effort they have tried and down to their last, final, desperate option with circumstances beyond their control we will just offer this very helpful advice. Keep looking, I'm sure you'll find somewhere".
If they reply with some kind of crap like that. Watch me, I'll be heading to BBC Watchdog for Citizens Bureau. Whoever will listen to me or heck write a book talking about how students are treated like rubbish. 
Adieu
TokyoDreamer9

No comments:

Post a Comment